This tutorial was created by Rapsody on July 6th, 2013.
Any similarity to any other tutorial is purely a coincidence.
I have not used plugins but please use them where you see fit.
For my drop shadows I have used:
Black: Offset -9 Horizontal 5 Opacity 50 Blur 10 Color Black
Purple: offset 5 Horizontal 3 Opacity 80 Blur 100 Color #72137f
or a variation of, please use my tag for reference.
You may share this tut but please share the only the link, thank you♥
I am using PSP 15 but any version should work!
We are using the lovely art of Lady Fanhir FI0008 and FI0010, you must have a license to use this art. Stefania’s tubes must be purchased at UpYourArt
This wonderful kit “Elegance in Black” by Lady Noelle can be found HERE at my favorite scrap store ScrapsFromTheHeart! This kit has a ridiculous amount of elements you will love it!
Thank you so much Noelle this kit is just beyond amazing!
Font: Blackadder ITC
We will be using:
Frame 01 mirrored
Tube FI0010 Resized 75%
Frame 09 Black drop shadow
Frame 02 Resized 110%
Locket Resized 60%
Clock Dial Resized 35%
Key 02 Resized 53%
Mirror 53% mirrored
Cross Resized 40%
**After you use each element close it so you have a clean workspace.
Okay, let’s get started!
- *Open a canvas 800 x800 flood fill white. I like to have this white layer so I can see my creation better as I work on it. We will delete it later as well as resize after we complete the tag.
- *Paste Paper 01 as a new layer, move it up a bit on your canvas, not to the top.
- *Paste Frame 01 as a new layer, mirror it and move to the top of the paper.
- *Paste your tube (FI0010) as a new layer, resize 75% and put on the left side, see my tag for reference, lower opacity to 85.
- *Add frame 02, resize 110% and delete all but the bottom line, carefully remove any of the tube that extend outside of the frame.
- *Add Locket, resize 60% and move to the lower left, add purple drop shadow.
- *Paste second tube FI0008 as a new layer, position on the lower right of the paper. Add a purple drop shadow, see settings above.
- *Add Clock dial as a new layer, resize 35% and put over the locket so it looks like an old pocket watch.
- *Add Key 02 as a new layer, resize 55% and move to the right of the frame, remove a small portion up top so it appears to attached to the bow, see my tag for reference.
- *Paste Mirror as a new layer, mirror, resize 53%, move to the right.
- *Paste Cross as a new layer, resize 40% and move to the upper left.
- *Make sure everything is where you like it, check for anything stray and remove it.
- *Hide the white layer, copy merged and paste as new image, select all float, crop to selection, resize 62%.
- *Apply your copyright, URL, and UpYourArt license number.
- *Add name, using Blackadder ITC, add the purple drop shadow making adjustments to keep the shadow on the page.
- *Save as a PNG, you are done, YAY♥
Thank you for visiting and doing this tutorial, I hope you found it enjoyable. I would love to see your results and I welcome any suggestions at CustomerService@UpYourArt.com
♥ ♥ ♥